How to Apply:
- You must complete an Employment Application.
- All information you submit is subject to verification.
- Print in ink or type all information.
- Notify the Human Resource Department in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process (513) 475-5351.
- Submit application and resumes via:
- E-mail: email@example.com
The Crossroads Center
Attn: Human Resources Department
311 Martin Luther King Drive East
Cincinnati, OH 45219
- Fax: 513-281-2571, Attn: Human Resource Department
- Drop-off at front desk, Attn: Human Resource Department
Chemical Dependency Counselor
SUMMARY: Provides individual assessment and counseling services to the target population of self-referred and/or mandated clients (via outside legal or governmental entity) for outpatient substance abuse, medication assisted treatment for patients with or without mental health issues.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree; experience in behavioral health or related field
Mental Health and/or Chemical Dependency/ Addictions certification or equivalent experience
One year post graduate experience as counselor preferred.
Ability to work effectively with adults with emotional and/or chemical dependency/addiction problems; to collaborate as an interdisciplinary team member; to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; to organize work and manage time effectively and meet productivity standards.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary:
·Provides professional counseling services to patients and their families that are enrolled in the Medication Assisted Treatment Program
· Identifies and counsels the social and psychosocial well being of clients and families as it relates to social, cultural, spiritual, vocational and personal circumstances and environments.
· Evaluates data gathered in the treatment plan. Establishes linkage with community resources.
· Consults with supervisors and managers concerning appropriate handling of patients with issues related to chemical dependency/ addictions, trauma and stress management.
· Assists with design and implementation of mechanisms for evaluation of utilization of service, client satisfaction, supervisor satisfaction and program efficacy.
· Plans discharges and transfers of patients.
· Documents each patient’s progress in a timely manner.
· Meets regularly with the Program Director and/or Clinical Supervisor to communicate relevant issues and to ensure success in direct service goals.
· Abides by all rules and regulations.
· Attends all mandatory in-service training, regular departmental staff meetings and other meetings as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
The Crossroads Center is an equal opportunity employer.