How to Apply:
- You must complete an Employment Application.
- All information you submit is subject to verification.
- Print in ink or type all information.
- Notify the Human Resource Department in advance if you require special disability accommodations to participate in the employment process (513) 475-5351.
- Submit application and resumes via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crossroads Center
Attn: Human Resources Department
311 Martin Luther King Drive East
Cincinnati, OH 45219
- Fax: 513-281-2571, Attn: Human Resource Department
- Drop-off at front desk, Attn: Human Resource Department
Clinical Documentation Specialist
- MS/MA degree and three to five years of experience in the field of human services
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills; good interpersonal relations and communication skills; working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records Systems
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures and use and operation of standard office equipment
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail are required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, suggest solutions to various administrative problems and prioritize work
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- LSW, LPC
- Review data within the electronic medical records system for completeness and accuracy
- Enter corrected data timely and accurately as necessary to comply with both billing and grant requirements
- Assist Director of Quality Assurance in troubleshooting and finding solutions
- Capable of functioning independently, including the ability to conduct literature review and summarize scientific articles and develop reports as needed
- Participate in CQI committee functions and preparation for all audits and surveys including Joint Commission and CARF
- Meet time requirements
- File and maintain data
- Interact with clinicians, program managers and agency staff in order to resolve discrepancies
- Keep the Director of Quality Assurance informed of problems or discrepancies encountered in data obtained from all agency data sources
- Ability to interact with staff to solve problems
- Conduct trainings and facilitate meetings as appropriate